Friday, March 11, 2011

Chapter 2: Don't Settle For Less

Topic Thought:  Are you moving with confidence toward a desired goal?

Personal goals:  A healthy God-centered relationship, family and marriage; a strong walk with Christ; financial stability and no debt; to move out of California.

God placed desires in my heart that will lead me to my purpose.

Reasons for a "stale" or ordinary life:
   People have lost sight of who God made them to be and what He designed them to do.
As a result...
   People are not actively, intentionally, and purposefully pursuing what the Father has planned for them.

If you truly want to pursue and reach your full potential, then you must face up to these two truths --
   God has placed more within you than you realize.
   You likely have settled for the life you have now.

If a person becomes content with what is average, minimally acceptable or satisfactory, she will rarely exert the effort or work toward something that is truly excellent or outstanding.

The longer a person remains satisfied with average in their life, the more they become complacent about life.

Psalm 139
   1.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
          "Awesomely wonderful"  God has made you in a way that is awesome.
          The Father made you for good purposes, and He made you with the potential to be perfected by His Spirit.

Jeremiah 29:11
"'For I know the plans I have for you' says the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you.  Plans to give you a hope and a future.'"
The Lord has a great plan for you and created you to accomplish it in His Name.

   2.  God knows everything about you.
          The Lord has always known what you could be and do, because He is the One who created you.

   3.  God is the Author and Finisher of your days.

Your purpose on this earth is to develop your God-given gifts, talents and abilities to the best of your ability so you can impact the world around you for Christ.

God has placed you in a time and location that will allow you to maximize your role in establishing His will "on earth as it is in Heaven."

God is bringing into your path people, opportunities, challenges and resources.
He is placing in you dreams, desires and expectations about the challenges that already are winding their way to you.
He is preparing you in every way for the many opportunities that lie ahead.
He is setting within you the anticipation that something purpose-filled and exhilarating is just about to emerge.

When you begin to see the wonderful, prepared future that God is unfolding before you, life will take on greater importance and purpose.

God has more ways for you to feel joy.
God has more ways for you to experience His peace.
God has More ways for you to encounter His beauty.
God has More ideas to share with you.
God has more expressions of love to shower upon you.
God has an infinite supply of new mercies, new blessings, new accomplishments, new insights, and new inspirations to share with you.

There simply is no end to your potential when you serve an infinite God in an eternal Heaven.

We must determine in our hearts and minds to live all our days to the utmost.

The Lord never holds before us an ordinary life.

John 10:10  "The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come that you may have life, and have it to the fullest."

Thoughts to ponder:
Am I passionate about life?
Do I deeply desire to experience all God has for me?
Do I really want His best in my finances, my job, my recreation, my hobbies, my relationships, my marriage, my family?

Questions to Ask of God
What do You want to do in my life?
What do You want to do through my life?
What do You still desire for me to experience?
What possibilities lie within me?
What could I become?
What did You have in mind when You created me?
What do You desire for me?

Only God can answer these questions and He will answer them only when asked.
He doesn't force His will on us, but if we aren't following in it, our lives will not be blessed, and we will look back and wonder what went wrong.  But when we seek His plan and will in our lives, we look back and can't believe how blessed we have been in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment